We had the greatest weekend. Friday night we went camping at Ray Roberts Lake-Texas somewhere-with about a dozen friends. It was a riot. I have not laughed so hard in awhile. Tin foil dinners, beer brats, Rolo-marshmallow bananas, s'mores, starbursts, cookies with marshmallows and oreos and starbursts and chocolate and whatever else Hugh and Matt could stack up and stick in the fire. Who even knows what we talked about until 2am. We got busted for a noise violation by the most country park ranger I have ever encountered. Just a grand ol' time overall. We are lucky to have such fun friends here. (Pictures still to come).
Then Saturday, after just a few hours of sleep, we came home. A dip in the pool, some necessary attention to college football, an impulse couples massage, shopping, dinner at an outdoor grocery store cafe with awesome live music...ah, sometimes some serious spontaneity is just what the doctor ordered.
And another wonderful birthday has come and gone. My favorite part is always the phone calls from everyone that I love-so thank you all for that. Hughie and I went out for sushi and then we made a "quick" stop at the McOmber's house, where Kim & Hans and the McOmbers surprised me with a delicious gluten-free cookie pie. Hansen tradition. DELICIOUS!!!!
This is the moment where I honestly believed that the McOmber's got me a puppy. Austin and Drewbie wrapped my gift in a laundry basket and were hinting at it...mean trick. Maybe next year (wink wink). My first little panic about aging this year...24...time flies.
1 comment:
24. Time does fly. I'm glad you had a good birthday. It was nice to talk to you for a second. Miss you. Plan a trip to Cali sometime!
Post a Comment