So, turns out that training makes a difference. Last year, we got our feet wet, and this year we came with our game faces on. Well, not enough to keep us from downing a bunch of BBQ at the Salt Lick in Round Rock the day before the race, but at least we trained this year. Had such a blast hanging with friends in Austin and running the race. It was the end of the training road for Caitlin and me but just another training day for Mom on her way to Boston this spring. We all turned in significantly better times than last year, so we're all feeling very accomplished. I tried to beat Lance; he was too fast. 
Team Ascics.
Aside from some sore legs, Caitlin's feet took the worst beating of all.
Just hoping she keeps all ten toe nails.
Enjoying some necessary caloric intake at the best Mexican restaurant-The Oasis-after the race.
Quick day trip to San Antonio after Austin to chill with Chris and Britt and explore the city. Plenty of Lonesome Dove quotes and history, such as learning that Davy Crockett died at the Alamo--apparently that was a stupid question to ask.
4 comments:
HOORAY!!!! WAY TO GO!!!! you guys look great :) :)
What a cute blog! Ok amazing on the marathon deal! I hope your toe nails as well stay intact! How fun to be in Texas! Yes my husband for sure will be taking the name of Bang.....
What a cute blog! Ok amazing on the marathon deal! I hope your toe nails as well stay intact! How fun to be in Texas! Yes my husband for sure will be taking the name of Bang.....
So cool Caitlin. I wish I could run marathons. Being that close to so many people gives me severe anxiety though. I've tried turkey trots and stuff and I get all signed up, put my t-shirt on, and then leave hahah anyways, proud of you girl :) you look great!
Post a Comment